Meze Audio 109 Pro Primal Limited
Bring out your primal instincts with the new 109 Pro Primal Headphone from Meze Audio – a new special edition model featuring a more “rugged” take on the original 109 Pro. This is the latest addition to the exclusive Meze Audio Art Gallery Collection. The 109 Pro Primal has hand-carved ear cups, chiseled groove by groove and delicately sanded. Each 109 Pro Primal is a one-of-a-kind creation; a handmade headphone like no other. Meze Audio applies a coat of linseed oil over the wooden cups, giving it the same aesthetic as the original.
At the heart is the new 50mm dynamic driver that was specifically designed for the Meze Audio 109 Pro. The Dual-Composite diaphragm, which sits in an aluminum frame, consists of a combination of Beryllium-coated polymer, cellulose – carbon fiber composite and copper-zinc alloy, tuned with ultimate precision, which allowed Meze Audio to push the boundaries of speed, accuracy, and dynamic range.
The W-shaped dome is made of cellulose composite enforced with carbon fiber, which is very durable and lightweight to reproduce high-frequencies with incredible detail and clarity. Surrounding the dome sits the torus made with beryllium-coated semicrystalline polymer, measuring only 22 microns in thickness. This coating is applied through Physical Vapor Deposition (PVD) to increase the stiffness and durability of the driver, while still keeping it light enough to achieve a fast transient response. The damping qualities of beryllium also help suppress unwanted resonances, giving the 109 PRO its neutral, vivid and transparent character. Around the membrane, we find the ring-shaped stabilizer that is made of copper-zinc alloy, which improves the absorption of vibrations to further reduce distortion.
Every effort in the design has been to make the Meze Audio 109 Pro an easy to drive headphone, whether you are using it with a portable device or in your home system.
- A special edition, with hand-carved ear cups, chiselled groove by groove and delicately sanded, before having a coat of linseed oil applied;
- Dynamic open-back circumaural headphone;
- Driver features the 109 series Dual Membrane Diaphragm – a combination of Beryllium-coated polymer, cellulose + carbon fiber composite and copper-zinc alloy
- Easy to drive from most devices, from portable sources to full home setups; Carbon fiber headband
- Dark walnut wood earcups, zinc, manganese steel, vegan leather headband and soft velour earpads for a comfortable, lightweight, yet highly durable structure.
- Carbon fiber Headband