Violectric DHA V226
The Violectric DHA V226 is the most affordable balanced headphone amplifiers with DAC from the German brand. Completely designed and made at Lake Constance and once powered on the signature from Violectric is directly noticeable: natural and lush soundstage with control. Offering 3.5W at 100 ohm and 23V at 600 Ohm, it has plenty of power for most modern headphones.
The Violectric DHA V226 offers a competitive DAC, a balanced headphone amplifier and a pre-amp function. The DAC is based on Cirrus CS 43131 with typical 130 dB dynamic range and THD as low as -115 dB. It comes with a USB-C terminal and supports PCM signals up to 32 bits and 384 kHz sample rate as well as DSD up to 256. The roots of the headphone amplifier circuitry can be found in its praised and rewards winning predecessors V200, V280 and V281. The Violectric DHA V226 features the dynamic but natural, smooth and pleasing sound the brand is famous for.
Because of its matchless technology, the Violectric DHA V226 not only offers a powerful headphone amplifier, but also:
LOWEST NOISE - through a very small amount of internal gain. This makes the amplifier's self-generated noise inaudible.
HIGH OUTPUT VOLTAGE - through 50 V internal operating voltage. Therefore ideally suited to high-impedance headphones deserving high output voltage swing.
HIGH OUTPUT POWER - thanks to powerful amplifiers that offer far more power than even the most demanding headphones would need. So best suited for headphones with low impedances as well as planar headphones.
HIGH DAMPING FACTOR - due to the lowest possible output impedance. Therefore the ideal match for difficult to drive headphones without negative side effects and with the guarantee for a linear frequency response.
- Analogue stereo inputs, unbalanced via RCA
- 1 digital input, USB-C with up to 32 bit and up to 384 kHz for PCM signals, DSD 64 256
32 bit DAC with typical 130 dB dynamic range and -115 dB THD+N
- +/- 18 dB Pre-Gain for a perfect match of the DHA V226 between source and headphones
- Volume control with Alps RK 27 attenuator, big 38 mm massive aluminum knob
- 4 powerful amps offering 3500 mW Pmax into 100 Ohm and 23 V RMS into 600 Ohm
- Delayed coupling of the headphones to the amp after power-on
- Headphone path and line-out path individually switchable
- Headphone outputs: 1 x 4-pin XLR, bal. / 1 x Pentaconn, bal. / 1 x 6.35mm single ended.
- Line stereo outputs: unbalanced via RCA
- 1 toroidal transformer, > 22.000 uF filter capacity